Are you someone who is:
- Passionate about contemporary art?
- Excited to engage young people in dialogue and discussion?
- Collaborative, flexible, and able to work with a variety of people?
If so, then the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is looking for you!
We have openings for part-time Artist Guides to lead the museum’s school programs. Through lively discussion, local artists help students explore the creative process, develop critical thinking skills, and make relevant connections between their lives and the art of our time. At times, Artist Guides will be asked to design and lead programs for other museum audiences.
Desired qualifications include a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Fine Arts, Humanities, Education, or Art Education; minimum one-year experience teaching youth; and:
- Must have an active creative practice (in writing, multi-media, visual art, performance, etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary art, art interpretation, and public speaking with experience facilitating inquiry-based dialogue.
- Professional demeanor, good judgment, and excellent communication skills.
This part-time position is generally scheduled in the mornings Tuesday to Friday, but variable as required by schedule of programs. Must be able to operate general office equipment and telephones. Some light lifting of hospitality and office supplies.
Interested? APPLY NOW https://mcachicago.org/About/Employment