Profile and Job Description
Straus Art Group (SAG) (www.strausartgroup.com) provides expert fine art advisory and professional appraisals. Our customized advisory services give clients the tools and confidence to grow and manage their collections through art acquisition, de-accession, and estate planning. Our appraisal services include conducting on-site inventory, documentation, and cataloging, and appraising collections for insurance, tax, and estate planning needs.
SAG seeks an individual with strong arts administration skills in support of these art advisory and appraisal projects. He/she would assist in our ongoing sales and appraisal activities, conduct detailed and accurate appraisal research, archive and enter data, and support the company’s Director. Hours range 30-35 hours per week/hourly wage.
- Coordinating meetings, site visits and project updates with clients, ensuring that expectations are clear and that deadlines are being met.
- Assisting in art advisory and appraisal research, documentation, and data management
- Supporting Principals with administrative tasks including invoicing and expense reporting
- Managing clients’ collection archives
- Assisting in curatorial responsibilities
- Maintaining marketing materials, portfolio, and web site
- Photo Editing
- Track and ensure execution of project deadlines and scheduling