Luminarts Cultural Foundation
Development Director Search
The Luminarts Cultural Foundation cultivates Chicago’s vibrant arts community by supporting exemplary young artists through its competitive programs that offer financial awards, artistic opportunities, and mentoring that bridge the gap between education and career.
The Development Director works in collaboration with the Board, Development Committee, and Executive Director to create and implement a comprehensive development plan in order to raise the necessary funds for the organization to achieve and enhance its mission. The Development Director reports to the Executive Director. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
Direct Fundraising (25%)
- Coordinate giving by the Board of Directors, Fellow Sponsors, and other fund contributors
- Oversee the coordination, distribution, and acknowledgement of the Annual Fund and Spring Appeal, as well as other print and digital campaigns.
- Assist in the planning, preparation, and execution of solicitations and donor meetings
- Support the Legacy Society by developing a planned giving strategy that engages the Board and key patrons
- Research, identify, and pursue sources of new funding from individual prospects
- Research and identify sources of new funding from corporate, and foundation resources
- Develop a tracking system to complete “next steps” and ongoing engagement with prospects and donors in a timely manner
- Provide meeting and research support to the Executive Director and the Board, including identifying and researching new prospects, analyzing their giving history and developing cultivation strategies
Event Management (25%)
- Plan and executive two annual special events with an eye towards maximizing revenue and exposure
Volunteer Management (10%)
- Staff Development Committee(s) and the Board to support fundraising efforts and events
- Maintain development calendar and update staff, Development Committee, and Board on deadlines
- Serve as the Board’s administrative secretary, coordinating and taking notes of the various meetings.
- Prepare proposals, interim reports, and final reports for funders and for internal uses
- Responsible for the accurate tracking of prospects and donors to ensure appropriate cultivation, solicitation, negotiation, and stewardship
- Responsible for interfacing with the Union League Club’s database to track and acknowledge giving that occurs through the Club’s billing process