Reports to: Director of IT Operations
Status: part-time, unpaid. Travel stipend
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
The IT Operations Intern is responsible for learning and providing Level 1 technical support for the help desk including desktop, network, and peripheral technology infrastructure and service delivery. This position reports to the Director of IT Operations and works closely with all departments for end-user support and service.
In addition, the internship offers the opportunity to participate and learn from a variety of current IT projects based on interest such as CRM, Point of Sale, E-commerce, or Networking.
The internship is for one academic year and includes a monthly travel stipend.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Efficiently provide IT help desk services.
- Use Help Desk ticket system to document all requests & resolutions.
- End User account management in Active Directory, Artsvision, CMS, Tess\Ramp, etc.
- Perform installation of required hardware/software including upgrades to Windows 10\Office 2018
- Assist users with basic orientation and training for optimum usage of HW\SW
- Act as IT team representative for intake of user assistance requests.
- Interface with users via telephone, remote software, or in person to identify, research, and diagnose problems.
- Resolve issues or engage other internal/external technical staff to assist, as needed.
- Escalate items as appropriate to Level 2 and Level 3 help desk staff.
- Participate in one major IT project
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment