Marketing Assistant - Victory Gardens Theater
Summary: Under the leadership of Artistic Director Chay Yew and Managing Director Erica Daniels, Victory Gardens Theater is dedicated to artistic excellence while creating a vital, contemporary American Theater that is accessible and relevant to all people through quality productions of challenging new plays and musicals.
Victory Gardens is a leader in developing and producing new theatre work and cultivating an inclusive theater community. The theater’s core strengths are nurturing and producing dynamic and inspiring new plays, reflecting the diversity of our city’s and nation’s culture through engaging diverse communities, and in partnership with Chicago Public Schools, bringing art and culture to our city’s active student population.
The Marketing Assistant reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications and is responsible for assisting in a number of areas including, but not limited to, digital communication, social media strategy; including content creation and implementation, and reporting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating, executing, and reporting on segmented email blasts
- Content creation and maintenance of social media presence with an organized plan and schedule
- Live coverage of opening night and other events
- Coordinating video and photo shoots
- Playbill creation and coordination
- Updating content on website
- Occasional event and rehearsal photography
- Creation and collection of post-show surveys
- Facilitating and scheduling promotional and cross-promotional opportunities
- Supervising department interns
- Assistance on digital and print ad design as needed