Presented by Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair is a leading art fair for discovering emerging artists, with editions in cities around the world, including London, Bristol, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Sydney, and Melbourne. Unlike at traditional art fairs where attendees buy from galleries, The Other Art Fair offers attendees unparalleled direct access to artists, alongside experiential programming, appealing to first-time art buyers and seasoned collectors alike.
We are looking for Onsite Fair Assistants to help us at our first Chicago edition of The Other Art Fair in Chicago, IL. Chicago Fair takes place September 28-30 at Mana Contemporary.
Onsite Fair Assistants are an important part of the organization and contribute to the effective execution of the Fair, as well as the awareness of art in everyone’s lives. They are the first contact for visitors and exhibiting artists.
Leaf Group, The Other Art Fair’s holding company, is a diversified internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
You’ll Report To: Group Fair Director
A typical day as an Onsite Fair Assistant might include:
- Gain practical knowledge & experience in Contemporary Art practices and learn how a successful fair operates
- Meet new people with common interests such as artists, curators, professionals, local and international visitors, members of the art community
- Have fun while pursuing an important project that makes art accessible to everyone in an exciting and optimistic environment
- Welcome, inform, and help exhibiting artists and visitors
- Check invitations and tickets
- Assist exhibitors during the stand installation
- Work handling (furniture, boxes, documents) and manage project areas
- Assist with talks program in the Saatchi Art lounge
- Distribute fair guides and complimentary tickets
- Proactively invite visitors to participate in visitor surveys
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Paid Assignment ($12 hourly)
- Free entry to the Chicago Fair (September 28-30) at Mana Contemporary
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Friendly office environment and culture
- Employee discounts for Deny Designs, Saatchi Art, Society6, and The Other Art Fair
- Most importantly, hands-on experience within a fast-moving and fun environment
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.