Chicago Shakespeare Theater seeks a Production Coordinator to join our Production Management Team. The Production Coordinator serves in a leadership capacity in the Production Department, working with all Department Heads to coordinate the wide-ranging projects and events each season at Chicago Shakespeare Theater. They will work closely in the management of CSTs Educational Programming, select World Stage productions, as well as on numerous events. The Production Coordinator also assists the Director of Production and Associate DoP on mainstage and subscription productions throughout the CST season.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Serve as lead production manager on the TYA/Short Shakespeare! and Shakespeare in the Parks productions. Leading these projects will include but is not limited to the following:
- Serve as primary point of contact for designers and other artistic and production team members on all show-related matters.
- Manage communication between Designers, Production Department Heads, and shops to ensure on-time and on budget realization of designs.
- Coordinate all schedules and calendars that pertain to each project.
- Serve as liaison for the project with the CST Education Department.
- Manage design and fabrication/pull/rental process as required.
- Coordinate workshops and R&D in lead-up to production.
- Lead production meetings during rehearsals and tech.
- Manage tech rehearsals and load-ins.
- Coordinate the needs of the projects with schools, parks, and other venues as required
- Support the DoP and ADoP in mainstage and subscription productions in the CST season, and maintain an active knowledge of each production..
- Lead coordination for Workshops and Readings, including hiring Stage Managers, coordinating schedules and calendars, and collaborating with the Producing and Artistic departments regarding the needs for each project.
- Assist the DoP with scheduling and communication related to World Stage Presentations
- Coordinate all Events that require the attention of CST Production.
- Learn expense tracking and payroll systems in order to step in for the Production Office Manager when necessary.
- Support Production Office Manager in the scheduling of rehearsal rooms and other spaces at CST.
- Facilitate the set-up of production meeting infrastructure including videoconferencing utilities and facilities support.
- Help to administer all backstage safety programs and work with DoP in ongoing development of safety initiatives.
Chicago Shakespeare Theater produces an average of 14 productions each year across multiple stages: the 500-seat Courtyard Theater, 200-seat Studio Theater, and The Yard, a new cutting edge flexible venue, in addition to multiple off-site locations and touring venues. The core season, based in the plays of William Shakespeare, is complimented by the presentation of international pieces, musicals, touring productions, and the development of new works. More information on CST can be found at www.chicagoshakes.com.
This position is full time and includes occasional work at night and on weekends. The position is salaried, and includes benefits.