EXPO CHICAGO, the International Exposition of Contemporary & Modern Art seeks talented temp staff to provide support leading up to and during EXPO CHICAGO 2018.
EXPO CHICAGO—to be held at Navy Pier, September 27-30, 2018— hosts more than 135 leading International exhibitors presented alongside one of the highest quality platforms for global contemporary art and culture. Entering its seventh year as a leading international art fair, EXPO CHICAGO offers diverse programming including Special Exhibitions, showcasing select international organizations, non-profits and institutions; /Dialogues panel discussions, presented in partnership with The School of the Art Institute of Chicago; as well as IN/SITU, IN/SITU Outside, EXPO VIDEO, OVERRIDE | A Billboard Project, and EXPO SOUND featuring curated selections of site-specific projects and new media works presented both on the main floor of the exposition, and throughout the city of Chicago.
- Applicants must have previous art handling experience – opportunities to work directly for exhibitors
Visitor Services Staff
- To staff Information Desks, VIP Lounges, and Will Call
- Retail or hospitality experience preferred
Exhibitor Services Staff (Section Leaders and Set-Up Staff)
- Previous gallery experience preferred
- Applicants must be able to lift 50 lb. boxes
VIP Events Staff
- Applicants must have prior event experience working with VIPs. Please list applicable event experience in your cover letter
Show Office Staff
- Applicants must have good communication skills and be detail oriented
- Previous office experience preferred
- Previous vinyl graphic installation, sign installation, and vinyl weeding experience preferred
- Applicants must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations of up to 16 feet; lift and carry up to 50 pounds of equipment